Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Have a Loose Tooth...


"I have a loose tooth, a wiggly jiggly loose tooth
I have a loose tooth hanging by a thread

So I tooth my loose tooth, my wiggly jiggly loose tooth
And I put it 'neath my pillow and I went to bed.
The fairies took my loose tooth, my wiggly jiggly loose tooth
And now I have a quarter and a hole in my head."

Lily learned this little rhyme last year in K5. Unfortunately, she never lost a tooth during the year. Two weeks ago she came up to me and told me her tooth felt weird. I looked at it and put my finger on it and jumped and said "Ooh! It's loose!" She was so excited and spent hours wiggling it trying to get it to come out.

Then the day finally came! Just 10 days before her 7th birthday she (yes, all by herself) pulled that little bitty thing out! We  are so proud of her! Such a huge milestone!


We talked to her about what we were to do now. She talked about the tooth fairy and how she comes and she brings a quarter for every tooth. She knows this because she talked to her BFF who has had lots of tooth fairy experience. 

She put the tooth under her pillow. The next morning she came and tapped me on the head in bed and said "see. I told you the tooth fairy was real." 

The fairy (who is the size of Tinkerbell) brought her a little pouch with a half dollar in it. The note with it said that since it was her first tooth, she got a special coin.


She has been beyond excited. She wanted to face time with everyone and call those who couldn't to show and tell them her big news! I love the excitement! 

No comments: