I have been putting it off and putting it off, but if I keep it up, this baby boy will be in our arms. Is this the new norm for the 3rd child. I'm jumping in with both feet, I guess.
Now for a walk down memory lane.
Week 5
Finally decided to take a pregnancy test
Week 6
Got up the courage to call the doctor to make an appointment.
Week 9
First appointment for ultrasound and nurse visit. The tech is not super friendly (which I have known from previous experiences). She usually will do all her measurements before turning the screen to show the parents. I told her I just needed a yes or no, then she could do all her work. But I needed to know if this baby was alive. Praise the Lord for LIFE!
Week 12
First appointment with the doctor then headed to Texas a couple of days later to tell our family the news.
Week 14
Another check with the doctor, just to make sure things are still okay after 2 weeks of travel. Plus, this baby bump is supposed to be exposed at a church wide water park party. I want to make sure all is well before going public with everyone else.
JD and I have been EXTREMELY anxious this entire pregnancy. So anxious we both feel like we could vomit while we sit in the exam room waiting for the doppler to find that teeny heartbeat. I found out after this visit that his nurse asked the OB nurse (a personal friend of ours) if we weren't excited about the pregnancy. It is so hard to be excited after such a late loss this past year. If we don't get excited and don't connect, a loss won't hurt our hearts as much. At least that is what we were telling ourselves as we didn't talk about it much at all.
Week 15
I feel the baby move!! Hallelujah!! I have been waiting so long for this day. No more waiting for heartbeat checks to know that baby is still with us. It just helps to ease the anxiety by so so much.
Week 16
JD feels the baby kicks. I love it when he can become more a part of the everyday pregnancy fun!
Week 19
The big gender reveal. If you haven't seen it or want to watch again, you can find it HERE.
And in other big news, Lily was able to feel these big kicks! I love watching her face light up when she can feel him.
Week 27
Seriously, this has been such an easy pregnancy. Minimal nausea early on. Anxiety was the biggest issue. But the Lord takes those fears away little by little each and every day. I do my best to trust Him, because I have seen so many times before that He knows what is best for me.
But this is baby #3 and my body is changing faster than it has in the past. I have to shake my head at some of the comments that have been made and remind myself of the precious life growing into a healthy boy and remember that is all that matters! We are truly blessed.
And on that note, here is the only pic I have taken of this baby bump #3.
1 comment:
Kendra you look beautiful as always:) LOVE that baby bump!!!
Post a Comment