Friday, September 20, 2013

Home "Toddler" School

This school year, homeschool has been more difficult for a number of reasons. But one reason is the 2 year old that wants to be in and apart of everything. Getting him to play while we read or work on something new in math has been a challenge.

I had a friend ask if I wanted to be apart of a "busy bag swap." I wasn't sure what a busy bag was, so I did some research and learned that it is an activity meant to keep a toddler busy while you get something else accomplished. I was in. I made one activity--for 8 others and in return I received 8 different activities. Perfect idea!

Here are a few of them and some other things I have given Max to help keep him busy during the school day.

Pom Pom stuff (his favorite)

Pom Pom color match

Paper Clip color match

Color Wonder markers

What was supposed to be letter matching turned into tractor play time. Fine by me!

Play doh

 Sis got distracted from her work

And then things got crazy

Things still aren't easy-peasy with homeschooling and a toddler, but these activities along with others we have sure help to distract him...even for only 5 minutes at a time.

No comments: