We washed and packed and cleaned the house and gathered goodies and hit the road after work on Thursday night. Due to some unexpected things that came up at work for JD, we didn't get away as early as we would have liked, but we didn't have "that" far to go the first day. A friend very graciously let us stay in her home (while she was on vacation). It was so nice to drive it at 12:30am and know that a warm bed was waiting for us. Thanks C!
We got up and drove through Krispy Kreme and hit the road the next morning and drove and drove and drove. We learned the I-40 drive is so much better than the I-20 drive for us. (So much so that we added 2 hours to our drive back home in order to return via I-40.) We finally arrived at 11:30pm and quickly put the kids (and ourselves) to bed.
We were up the next morning and enjoying some time with Mimi and Pop. It is always great to be home.
Perfect, relaxing first day!

No comments:
Post a Comment