Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cake Decorating Extravaganza

One day a few months ago I was in Hobby Lobby (big surprise) and they put a flyer in my bag about a cake decorating class. I have never thought about doing it before, but for some reason it caught my attention. I thought it would be a fun way to learn something new, especially since I have made my kids' birthday cakes for the past 5 years. A round layer cake can only be so exciting. And it's always more fun with a buddy!


Class 1 we learned how to make stars.


Class 2 I missed while on Staff Retreat. I did make it up, but it was just to learn the technique and my cake was ridiculous looking. It was a practice for Max's b'day cake. You will get the tweaked version in a few weeks.

Class 3 was learning to make flowers. Wilton classes teach lots of flowers. Especially in the second course. We decorated cupcakes with Mums, Pom Poms, and Rosettes.


Class 4 we learned the Ribbon Rose. We decorated a full cake. I made it for a baby shower for a sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

So cute!! Looks like you guys had fun! (and I LOVE the name Charley - adorable!)