Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Dress Up

Last year, Lily wanted to be a peacock. I found THIS super cute costume, but after some procrastinating and lack of knowledge of sewing with silk, I opted out and we dressed up as a family instead.

Since I already had a few supplies that I started to get for the peacock last year, I decided that it was a go for sure this year. But I was still intimidated by the silk and really didn't have the right foot on my sewing machine to make it happen (not to mention my machine is on the fritz. I am seeing a new machine in my near future.) Google came to the rescue again and found THIS tutorial for me. Oh bless this woman! Felt is so much easier to work with than silk! And still cute.

What do you think? Isn't she the most beautiful peacock you have ever seen?


The only place I have ever seen a peacock is at the zoo. And what zoo doesn't have a zoo keeper? Yeah, he's pretty cute too. With the crazy changes in weather, his schedule and warm afternoons never worked out for a pic with his hat on. Oh wait, he never wore the hat.


1 comment:

Michelle Halbert said...

Very cute costumes!