The Mr. called JD early Friday morning to let us know that she was gone. Our hearts are heavy. For the loss of this dear woman we called our friend. We are so thankful that she trusted Christ as her Lord and Savior and because of that she is able to spend eternity with Him.
We have know the Mrs. for eight years. Yes, the first couple were just from across the street. But once Lily was born and I was home and we spent more time outside, we became friends with these neighbors. We now pick up each others mail, take care of pets, bake apple pies, play golf, ask opinions about decks and homeschool, babysit, borrow groceries, and more with this precious couple.
The Mrs. was a teacher for 30+ years. A week or so before she passed, the kids and I went over to see the animals (she and Lily both have a huge love for God's creation). She and I talked about how homeschooling was going and I shared our struggle over handwriting. She gave me a couple of suggestions to try. They worked like a charm. We no longer have tears over handwriting. I was so thankful to have the Mrs. across the street to help me through this journey. I was never given the opportunity to tell her how much I appreciated her that day.
Each day as I come and go I look across the street and am reminded that life is short. I am still in shock that the Mrs. is gone. Both cars are in the driveway, but only one man is living there. My heart hurts for him and his daughter. I can't imagine not coming home to my husband or being able to talk to my mom anymore.
Each day as I come and go I look across the street and am reminded that life is short. I am still in shock that the Mrs. is gone. Both cars are in the driveway, but only one man is living there. My heart hurts for him and his daughter. I can't imagine not coming home to my husband or being able to talk to my mom anymore.
All that to say, be sure and tell those around you how much they mean to you, how much you appreciate them, and how much you love them. Life is fragile and you never know when the Lord will say time on this earth is complete. But also, I must take time to share Christ with those around me. I do not need to assume they have a relationship with Christ and I definitely don't want to wait until it is too late. I must be more proactive. God has given me the command to share. Am I being obedient to Him? Lord, help me to be bold in sharing You with those I come in contact with each day. Their lives depend on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment