Saturday, July 28, 2012

13 Months

Max has passed the one year milestone, but he continues to grow by leaps and bounds. He has always been and continues to be so aware of what is going on around him. You can't get anything past him. One day he crawled over to the pantry to get a new snack because he knew that is where I got it hours before. When Nonnie was here she played "Where's the baby?" with the jarred food I had at meal time. A few weeks later he turned his head to the side looking for the baby on the side of his yogurt. He's brilliant I tell you.


One day we caught him "rolling 'em", as in pat-a-cake. Wish I could take credit for teaching him that, but it must have been the super sweet ladies who love on him each and every week in the nursery at church.

He is talking more and more. We have added yuck, drink, up, out .....


He loves to sing and dance. When I sing to him at night he will change his voice and sing with me. It is super sweet to listen to. And anytime music is playing we can tell him to dance and he will get his groove on.


He seems to be eating more. He is becoming more adventurous and will take bites of what we are eating. He loves anything sweet--cinnamon rolls, toast, cake, cookies. (That's my boy.) But those are not the table foods I want him to be eating. He will eat any mashed up veggies I put in front of him-broccoli, green beans, peas, asparagus, carrots, summer squash, butternut squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and spinach. He also has finally started eating avocado (more like guacamole) and peaches, added to the apples, blueberries, pears, mango and favorite banana. He does not like strawberries, poor guy.  All the fruit (except bananas) are still mashed some. He likes chicken sandwiches and chicken salad. Favorite snack is goldfish. He will also eat graham crackers. Daddy had texture issues as a kid. Looks like Max is taking after Daddy in more than just looks.

He goes back in August 1st for another weight check. I am wondering if he has really gained anything. JD and I are trying to decide what is the cause of a nasty diaper rash. Possibly milk--which is where we are supposed to be adding all the extra calories in his diet. We just talked tonight about keeping a food journal to find the culprit. I'll keep you posted.

He finally decided waffles were good. 

Still not walking or even acting interested. He is gaining strength in his core. He won't stand on his own either. He's just taking his time and getting where he needs to be faster on his knees. Walking just slows him down these days. But he sure can climb anywhere. To the top of a 6 ft ladder. Over boards stacked on the deck. On the diaper box (our first box of 3s--and they are almost too big) in the living room.


Drumming while on top

Max, I love the hugs and kisses. I love when you crawls over to me, pulls up on my legs, and starts to sign "please". I then pick you up and you just melts in my arms. I love listening to you talk. I love listening to you laugh. You truly are my sunshine! Momma

No comments: