Our staff at church is growing by leaps and bounds. I love that we have multiple generations to serve beside. And I also love that there are other young families on staff to relate to and to encourage us in this journey of raising PK's (pastor's kids).
This year the wives have been able to get together each month to pray for, encourage, and laugh with one another. I LOVE it!
And as I already mentioned, having lots of little ones means we can have summer play dates! The first trip was to the zoo. The kiddos had a great time. The momma's got to talk over a picnic lunch. It was a great day out.
I love being able to be real with these women about what goes on in ministry. I wish it was all peaches and ice cream, but it's not. It is such an encouragement having great women of the faith to go to on a daily basis when there are struggles that I need to vent. But more so than having a sounding board, I love the way they challenge me to love my husband, love my kids, and to love the Lord. They all are just precious women. I thank the Lord for allowing us to serve alongside the absolute best church staff in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment