Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bang Bang

It all started back in elementary school. I was a CampFire Girl. Each summer I headed to camp. And I remember shooting at a target way back then.

Fast forward to my first summer working at Pine Cove. What activity class did I teach every morning? BB Guns! We even had a cheer.

Two and a half years later I was chatting on IM with JD. (I am really telling my age folks. There was no such thing as Facebook or Twitter back then.) We had just reconnected. I had only talked to him the one week I was on work crew at camp. While chatting, he was talking about how a co-ed group of friends was going hunting. I told him how my grandma used to deer hunt with my grandpa and I always thought it would be fun to hunt. Then he invited me up for the weekend to go with them. So, our first "date" (although it wasn't a date; after I left is when we both realized we had feelings for each other). I shot my first bird that weekend. (And even field prepped it. Ewww!)


Over the years we have been skeet shooting on occasion. It is the running joke that I am the better shot than he is. Well, it's not a joke. It's truth. Shh. Don't tell him I sold him out!

JD has been on a hand gun kick lately. We have some friends who own a few and we went out one Saturday to shoot. We had a blast. And yes, I can still outshoot JD, but D was hot! I will make sure I never enter her house unannounced!

Safety first

 M is catching the casings. 

Dead eye

As of today I still do not want a hand gun in the house for protection, I still love the sport of target shooting. Hopefully we will get to go out and have some fun again soon!

No comments: