Growing up we did the same thing for every holiday. I loved knowing exactly where we were going, what we were eating, and who would be there. I loved that time with our family.
After moving across the country, our holidays were rocked. Fortunately we are able to spend an extended time with our family over Christmas, but that leaves us on our own for Thanksgiving.
Every year we do something different. We haven't done the same thing twice. We have been with the same people, just at different locations. Can't believe we have been in the South for 8 years. Seriously?
Last year we headed to the lake with some friends. This year we headed out there with some different friends. We got there in time for dinner on Wednesday night and stayed through Saturday. It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle that has already begun.
We had fun at the driving range, playing games at night, watching the parade on TV, Letterboxing, and just chatting with friends. The 3 big girls spent HOURS making those bead things--you know the ones where you put the colored beads on the pegs and then iron them. Yeah, those. I think each girl came home with at least 10.
We did lots of food prep before heading out. We had some great food, but spent very little time in the kitchen.
I didn't take too many pictures (and should have gotten a family pic and a big group shot while there, but I didn't think about it until we were ready to leave), but I did get a good one of two things I am VERY thankful for!
And just for the record book:
Instead of shopping on Black Friday, we headed to the middle of no-where to go Letterboxing. The road we were on was about 3 miles long and windy. Really windy. And dirt/gravel. Seriously, middle of no-where. There were several other groups of people out and about in this area. Once we got onto the trail, we quickly realized when making small talk they were panning for gold. Seriously, people still do that?? The panners asked us if we had orange vests to put on because there were hunters out in the woods. They also asked if we were packing. There are five kids with us and we aren't wearing camo, do we look like we are packing?? Mercy. Can we say redneck???

1 comment:
Your kids are getting more beautiful by the day! love the last pic!
Post a Comment