Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Remember

On the 10th anniversary of an event that changed our nation, our church had a remembrance service. It was a time to honor our local service men and women, emergency personnel, and elected officials. It was also a time to reflect on who are true rescuer is. Jesus.


Because of all the publication of 9/11, JD and I took some time to talk with Lily about the tragic events. We looked at pictures and even watched some video. We discussed how the world is an evil place that need Jesus and we are here to share HIM with those who we come in contact with every day.

She asked lots of questions and we tried to answer them to the best of our ability and pray that God will give her peace about the others.

A couple of hours later, she showed us this (an old craft with new drawings on it). It seems as though she expresses herself through drawing.


On the "J" is an airplane flying over a tall building filled with people. At the bottom is a firetruck.
On the "M" are the twin towers, each with and airplane flying into them.

As I have watched the news reports of the events, I have found myself loving on my family more and thanking God for the blessings he has given to me, all while remembering that everything I have is HIS.

No comments: