Pintrest started getting big while I was big--as in great with child. I spend enough time online reading emails, blogs, and facebook. I have heard it has some great ideas, but I also heard it was a time sucker.
But I have still been able to find some great ideas through the blogs I already read. Go ahead, pin it. I won't be. :)
Manners Candle
1. Don't eat before we pray.
2. Stay in your seat.
3. Don't interrupt.
Each night we light the candle. As long as the manners are being followed, the candle burns. Once the candle burns all the way down, we get a prize. Lily decided she wants to take a trip to the dollar store for a toy.
What's For Lunch?
Lily is packing her lunch every day at school. Instead of frantically trying to find something to eat each morning, she has a LUNCH MENU to fill out for the week. We picked out items we know she likes and that are healthy. She can arrange them anyway she wants. When looking at her menu, I know what to shop for.
Lunchbox Love Notes
A friend recently asked me to write notes to put in her son's lunch box. She loaned me the book Love Notes in Lunchboxes. I love that just a simple note can encourage my girl while she is away from home. And since I love the idea so much, I am copying. I would love for our friends and family to be in on the notes in her lunchbox every day. Would you do that for her? You can mail them or give them to me at church. Be sure to read Beth's POST for more details and some examples. 4x6 is about as big as they can get without folding. She will LOVE having a note from someone other than Momma and Daddy!
Weekly Meal Planner
Lily has her meal planner, now I need mine. I found this FREE printable. My grocery list and meal list is all on one page. I have loved it so far. This girl makes so cute stuff. You can see all her free stuff HERE.
***Now, don't forget to pick up a note card, scrapbook paper, or whatever your medium of choice is and write some sweet words to my girl!! Thanks in advance!
3 comments:
Oh, I am so glad I am not the only person in the world resisting Pinterest!
Your lunch ideas are great. Does her hot food stay hot until lunch? If so, what do you put it in to keep it warm?
K-
We have this thermos.
I just asked E if her food stays warm and she doesn't remember (took sandwich today). So much for her being a help. It it supposed to keep food hot for 5 hours. I will have to try it out at home. :)
It was SOOOO good to see you today!!!!! You look amazing & little man is absolutely precious. We need to get together outside of work at some point.
Post a Comment