40 years. Forty. 4-0. That is how many years Pop has been working...for the same company. Can you imagine? The time has come for him to say goodbye to the working world and to take some time to rest, do things for himself, and to serve others.
He began working before he and Mimi were married. After Mimi finished school, they were married. Five years later, I arrived on the scene. I am so thankful that Mimi was able to stay home with me. Thank you Pop for providing.
I am a Daddy's girl. And I think he is pretty smitten with me too (see below). What a blessing to have a dad who invests time and love into his children. I am so thankful for the time he spent with us each and every day.
I am so thankful for a dad who encouraged me to do what I love. He supported me in school, extracurricular activities, and church. He was also an example of a godly leader in our home.
I love that Pop is a handy man. There isn't anything he can't do. And if he isn't 100% sure, he will research and figure it out. But he will never boast about knowing how to do something. I love that he is humble.
Because Pop worked so hard (and the LORD provided), we were able to take some pretty awesome vacations. I may not remember all the details (like fighting with my brother), I do remember getting away for two weeks, traveling the country via suburban. I love that you let us experience so much.
I remember when I was dating JD, I remember telling my mom that JD is so much like Pop. I love having an example of a loving husband in my dad. He made the standards high. And JD was up for the task. JD also sees him as a great example of an earthly father. I am thankful for their relationship.
As your 40 working years come to a close, I HATE that I can't be there to celebrate with you. I love living in the Southeast, but being away from family at times like these makes it really hard. So, have an extra piece of cake for me!
Lily
Just like you loved on us.
Max
Congrats on 40 years! What an accomplishment. I am so proud of you. I am excited that you will be able to do things for yourself now and you will be able to serve the Lord in more ways. I pray he will bless you for your faithfulness, first to HIM, then to your family, and lastly to your work. What a journey you have been on and are about to start. Love you bunches!




5 comments:
What a sweet, sweet post! You are very blessed.
P.S. I never realized how much E looks like you until those pics of you as a little girl. Wow!
congrats Mark!!! E N J O Y!!!
LOVE THE TRIBUTE---great job Kendra
AMEN!! Missed showing you and yours off to all Mark's co-workers, but what a lovely tribute to your dad. Love you and see you soon!
Thanks for your kind words...very nice. As Mom said, we missed having you here, but we understand.
I really loved the pictures of you with that young, thin man...he looks so familiar!
Post a Comment