Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's About Time

Lily turned five seven months ago. It was right after Christmas and we were still playing with her new Christmas toys. So, I stashed away most of her birthday goodies and have been bringing out something new about once a month.

She got this garden stone to decorate. I knew it would take some effort to pull it out and to decorate it with all the colored glass, etc. But I really didn't know how much time it was going to take. For some reason, I thought it was already formed. Oh no, we had to mix up the concrete. Oh yeah, this is a Daddy job for sure!

Lily and I made the design and had all the glass pieces layed out and John mixed and poured the concrete. We placed all the pretties and then had to let it sit, for two days.


Then we cleaned all the mess off the glass and then continued to let it sit. For days upon days.

But, I think it turned out pretty nice even though it was a project that took way more time than I like to spend on crafts. I guess it's all worth it when she is super proud of her work!


No comments: