JD and I had an in-house date night on Friday night. He had to work late and got home after Lily had gone to bed. On the way home he picked up a movie and dinner and FLOWERS! We enjoyed our quiet evening "alone" (Max was with us).
Saturday evening we were invited to a wedding. I wasn't quite ready to leave Max, especially since he hasn't figured out the bottle AND he cluster feeds in the evening. JD still wanted to go to the wedding so since his wife couldn't go, he asked the other lady in his life out on a date for the evening. She was so excited to be going on a "real" date! And JD even picked out a pink flower just for her.
Since we have both been writing lots of thank you notes, she thought to write one just for him.
She got all dressed up in one of her favorite dresses. We curled her hair and made it look fancy. She was even able to wear her non-dress-up jewelry. JD got all decked out also and they headed out for the evening.
That afternoon we actually watched our wedding. Yes, it was the first time in 10 1/2 years. It was fun to see all the friends and family who were there with us celebrating. We had lots of talks about how the BRIDE was always the prettiest girl at the wedding. Even though Lily will be beautiful on this date, the bride will still be the prettiest.
But back to the date night...I hope and pray they will have many more dates together in the years to come. I want Lily to realize what it means to be a young woman who loves the Lord and respects herself. I want her to know that it isn't how she looks on the outside, but what is on the inside that truly matters. I want her to learn how a boy is to treat a girl. I am so thankful that she has the BEST teacher in her Daddy.
3 comments:
crying again....I think I need to take your blog off my phone
beth
Oh that last picture is beautiful! A framer for sure! What a wonderful example she has in her earthly father.....
What a great idea. I know that Lily felt very special. What great memories are being created.
Post a Comment