Week 28
I was volunteering in the Co op nursery during Lily's time at school. We had had an incredibly busy weekend, full of standing, walking, and not resting. After those days, working for 6 hours about did me in. I left crying from exhaustion. Trying to take it a bit easier this week!
Week 30
Maternity pictures taken!
Weeks 31-32
Nothing out of the ordinary going on. Trying to get everything ready for Christmas has kept me busy, but I have really tried to keep some rest time in the afternoons and evenings if possible. I am just really tired most of the time.
Week 33
When I was pregnant with Lily, I was super swollen and as a result had carpal tunnel in both hands. It was zero fun. Well, due to all the swelling I have had this time (working a full time job as SAHM to a toddler and teacher to a 2nd grader) it is back with a vengeance. If I lie flat my right hand goes numb. I have started propping myself up at night to keep the circulation going and sleeping with the lovely brace again. I can do anything for 7 weeks, right?
Week 34
Merry Christmas!
Week 35
Happy New Year!
Week 36
This entire pregnancy, Lily has been distant. She has not said much about the baby and definitely isn't as interested in feeling him move and loving on my belly like she was with Max. I haven't really been able to put my finger on the why, until the past few weeks. She, more than once, has made statements such as "what if he doesn't come home." One day it all clicked. Deep down, she is afraid we will lose this baby like we lost the baby in January. She has guarded her heart by not making a connection to him. She has also had some physical problems going on which I really think are anxiety related. Please pray for my girl. She has such a tender heart and I want to see her thrive in her new role as a big sister to two little boys!
Week 37
We are so thankful to have two showers this week. My sweet friends got together on Sunday. The assistants at the church showered us with diapers and wipes on Tuesday. We are BEYOND blessed! We praise the LORD for his provision.
Week 38
The last of our showers was over the weekend. The staff wives at church had an overnight away at a church member's house and while we were gone they had a shower for us. We were blessed to get all the remaining necessities (and a couple extras) we needed before this baby boy arrives! We are so thankful for their generosity!!
I had an appointment on Thursday. My BP was elevated for the first time. 140/100. Yikes. But in my defense, I was stressed from a long to-do list. And I knew it. He kept me in the office for a bit and when my BP was rechecked, it was still high. And being careful not to miss anything, he sent me to L&D to monitor my BP and to work me up for preeclampsia. I was there for 4 hours. So much for getting things checked off my list. But it was good to take it easy... especially since my BP did come down and the preeclampsia workup was negative. My BP recheck on Monday was back to the old normal of 120/80.
When I got home from the hospital, one of the first questions out of Lily's mouth was "is he still alive?" Yes, this fear I mentioned a few weeks ago is still alive and well! Please continue to pray for her and for the Lord to show Himself faithful!
Week 39
Appointment on Thursday. BP still high. Doc put me on the monitor to make sure Baby is not struggling with it being high. He's doing just fine. I go back on Monday to see how the BP is doing. If it is still high, we will have some serious talks about inducing. It's almost time!!! We are so excited and can't wait to meet this boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment