Monday, January 28, 2013

Nineteen Months

Wow Max! Your words have tripled, if not quadrupled in the last 4 weeks. Unfortunately, only Mommy and Daddy reallly understand. Something we still have to figure out the context to understand. You are also combining two words together, even three if you count "iknow" with hand motions for "I don't know."


You still love pizza. You also enjoy macaroni and cheese. And pureed vegetables. It's still the only way to get those goodies in you. Applesauce, bananas, and yogurt must always be in the house. If you won't eat anything else,  you always say yes to these.


During mealtime you always remind us to pray when we sit down. And once is usually never enough. Mid meal you will hold out your hands and ask to "pay" again. I love that you are starting to pray on your own and will say "Desus"before your signature throwing-the-hands-in-the-air for amen.


You have decided walking is now not quite fast enough and now have another speed: running. And with this new found speed is more tripping, which means more bumps and bruises.


I haven't mentioned sleep in awhile. You are taking one nap a day. If we are home, you go down between 11-1. Typically, you eat a large bowl of oatmeal for breakfast around 8:30 and will eat lunch when you wake up. You are in bed for the night between 6:30-7:00, waking up around 7:30 in the morning. Usually you sleep all night. Unless you are teething, in which you will wake up moaning a few times during the night. Ibuprofen has helped with that this month as you are cutting two top molars and an incisor on the bottom, bringing your teeth count to 9 once they come all the way in. But those things are taking their time.


You may always have a love for reading. At least I hope this will be true. But you have also started to play a bit more with some of the new toys. You love the animals in your zoo and you have started pushing your cars across the floor while shouting "whee." You got a toddler version of "barrel of monkeys" and you love them. I know you want monkeys because you say "ooh ooh ahh ahh." It's so sweet to hear your sounds and words.


You are a sweet cuddly boy. Momma loves you lots!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all of the changes, just since Christmas!

Lauren said...

I will eat him up!

Mimi said...

Such a sweet little guy! Can't wait for some Mimi time will him and Lily!