Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sixteen Months

This month started off with taking his first step! But, he decided that one step was plenty. And so we continue to wait for him to decide it really is okay. My guess is he will skip walking and start running. He is definitely showing more interest in getting around on his feet, but if he wants something and wants it now, he is flying on those knees.

He is still eating alright. Nothing new added. And he quit eating sandwiches. Huh? So random. If I put anything healthy in his mouth that is not a mushed up consistency, he spits it out. But he loves chips, cookies, graham crackers, goldfish, etc. Therefore, to get the good nutrition in him, I continue to give him mushy veggies. One day son, one day.

Helping Daddy

I thought he had decided to drop down to one nap a day, but he decided he was not done with two yet. For two weeks he was sleeping twice a day. But this last week we were so busy that one nap is all we got. We shall see what the next weeks hold. I am sure he would be less fussy in the evenings if he was taking both naps.

He has his own mouse and remote to play with 

Speaking of fussy, we have seen the temper tantrums raise their ugly head. I'm talking sprawled out on the ground fully prone kicking and screaming. We laugh at him and walk away. When he doesn't get what he wants he will bat his hand at us and let out a sound of frustration. Good thing he is so stinkin' cute.


He loves to give his family hugs and kisses. He will crawl up to me and JD and come to snuggle in our laps. He will give kisses by leaning in and saying "Mmmm".  After I change him, he will "walk" to me and wrap his arms around my neck. Precious precious moments in my day. Oh how I love him!

He loves to play in his room. He has an activity table, some smaller toys, and all his books in there. When we play in there together he will pull all the books off the bookshelf and we will read them together. Touchy-feely books are his favorites, as well as any with animals.


He also loves being outside. The weather has been so nice lately that we have spent more time out there. He has begun to enjoy the swing more the past couple of months. He especially loves going high. He also likes to slide. We have a Max sized slide that is perfect for him at this stage.


He is starting to actually say words. Of course, we are on the only ones who can understand him as they are really only sounds.

"ah" off
"ah"on
"ou" out
"eez" please
"dada" Daddy
"dada" baby
"ee" eat
"ah" all done
"i" hi (while opening and closing fist)
"mama" Momma (rarely)
"nigh nigh" night night (rarely)

He is still signing: please, more, eat, milk, all done, thank you. He is also very generous with blowing kisses.

Such a sweet and loving boy! I just can't even imagine life without him!

2 comments:

Kama said...

What does his shirt say? I'm seeing "If you, I'm one" which doesn't make sense. :)

KLee said...

It used to have a mustache in between the lines. I think he peeled it off that day. So it says, "If you 'mustache' I'm one" A cute gift from a friend.