Thursday, August 16, 2012

Peer Pressure

Peer pressure has always had a negative connotation in my mind. Guess it is just how I have always heard it used. But this week I have seen the positive in peer pressure.

A couple of summers ago, Lily was taking swim lessons and was doing an incredible job for only being 4. She finally got her head under water and was swimming like a fish. But at one of her lessons the teacher took one step back too far away from Lily and she panicked. And that was the end of her swimming that summer...and the next one too.

I wanted to get her into lessons again, but for various reasons it never happened last summer or this summer.

Then, my friend put in a pool. Her son is 4. He taught himself how to swim. And Lily wasn't going to have a certain 4 year old swimming while she couldn't. Next thing I know, she is head under the water and on the move. Goggles REALLY help. Who knew?


2 comments:

Karla said...

That is too funny! We had the same thing happen with Kaleb. She looks like a great swimmer:)

Anonymous said...

Great job Lily!
Pop