Thursday, May 10, 2012

Staff Retreat

For the past couple of years the wives (and husband) have been able to join the staff on their annual retreat. It is a great time to get away, relax, and enjoy the company of those we share life with.

We eat at the main house for the meals. This year we had teams so the same people weren't in the kitchen all week. I thought that was the best idea! Here is team one. Cuties!


This past year has been a baby boom on our staff. Since we had a couple of nursing babies, they were invited to come and join the crowd. I won't lie, I thought it was going to be easy and I would still be able to be apart of all the sessions and know what was going on the entire week, but I was fooled. Max still had to eat and sleep (imagine that) while we were gone and that took me out of some of the sessions. But I was still able to slip in late (or leave early) to get the gist of what was happening.

The afternoons were free for us. The first afternoon we headed out to the beach. All the wives/female staff and the two youngest boys. Aren't they the cutest things ever?


The second afternoon a few of us headed out to try our hand a Moped riding. Oh my. It was a bit intimidating at first, but after a couple of laps around the parking lot, we deemed ourselves pros and hit the streets. It was so fun exploring the island in style. Helmets and all. There was some alligator spotting, snake handling, and record breaking speeds surpassed. Or maybe just reptile sightings and reaching a top speed of 38 MPH. It was such a fun afternoon with the girls with lots of laughs!

Don't we look tough? 

SafetyFirst

Thursday morning we packed up to head home. But we did take Max back out to document his first beach experience. Oh how I love this kid.


He is such an explorer! Look how far away he is!

Splish Splash

I think he likes it!

We are so thankful for our church staff. Not only do we call them friends, but they are also our framily!

2 comments:

W and Js mommy said...

LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all!