Monday, May 28, 2012

Eleven Months

It has been an eventful month around here. Max continues to play and get into everything. His newest game is dropsy. Hold it out, drop it, parents pick it up, drop it again. Three strikes and you are out, Big Boy! He continues to cruise around the furniture with very little interest in ever letting go. He does not like to hold our hands and walk. He would much rather fall to his knees and crawl. Much easier and faster. And we have learned he loves to CLIMB. Oh joy.


He recently got a huge bouncy ball. He thinks it is awesome!


His new vocal thing is screaming. High pitched screaming. Yes, son. We can hear you. I think it started shortly after Momma got sick. I had the dreaded stomach bug at the beginning of May. Forty-eight hours without eating or drinking can cause a MAJOR decrease in milk supply. I think the screaming started when he wasn't getting enough to eat. That is also when the biting started (with that new tooth on top).  It took about a week to get my supply back, but the screaming continued. While working hard to get my milk back, I stopped feeding him solids for a few days to make him nurse more. When we started solids back up he decided he didn't want them the least bit chunky. Ugh. It was a hard month for eating...for everyone involved!

JD and Lily have had their Saturday morning waffle routine for some time now. Max finally got in on the action. Too bad he didn't like them. One day son, one day.


Look who loves to play with the toilet paper. And yes, he has found the toilet water too. Yuck. "But Momma, I'm innocent!"


At our 9 month visit the pediatrician wanted us to come back in for a weight check. So at 10 1/2 months we headed in and weighed in at 15lb 12oz. Still a peanut. Pedi wants us to start supplementing. I never told him about the bug that threw us all for a loop. We headed to the beach and I didn't want to lug all my frozen milk with us, so I started when we got back home. And the supplementing lasted about 3 days. I ended up tweaking his nursing schedule from 4 times a day to 3 times a day and I feel he is nursing longer. We will see at his visit next month.

Paci Lover

We went on a couple of trips. First stop--the beach. He loved it! The sand didn't bother him and he just loves water.

Second trip was another flight to Texas. I thought timing the flight during nap time wouldn't be a bad thing. Boy, was I wrong! This was by far the worst flight ever in my 6 years flying with babies. He screamed the entire flight. Bless the hearts of those around us. When I got to my parents I finally broke down and cried. It was that bad.

But on a much more positive note, my little guy has now called me Momma! And that makes all the craziness of this month disappear!

Our little man continues to light up the room. Even through the screaming and toilet paper tearing he is such a joy! I love him more and more each day. And this precious sound just makes my day. You can't help but smile at him!


1 comment:

markandsally@charter.net said...

So precious! Glad that "Momma" is now part of his vocabulary. It will "save" him on many occasions!