Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Growing Family

I am super duper excited!! Brother and Elle (The Lord and The Lady-ha!) just a couple of weeks ago had their first baby girl. She is just the icing on the cake. I cannot even begin to tell how much I love her! And it's fun to have cousins on Mimi and Pop's side of the family now too.


I also cannot tell you how hard it is to be away from family when new babies arrive (I think I cried for 2 days this time) or when there is a family gathering or your niece is winning belt buckles. It can feel like life is passing right before your eyes and you are missing out. Therefore, we try out best to spend lots of QUALITY time with family when we can. And sometimes that means being away from home for 2 weeks to get that QT with everyone.

Enough of that!

Spring break is here! And with a week off school we made the voyage to Texas to love on that new sweet baby!


Our flights were less than ideal. It was me and the kiddos. JD had to stay home and work. We were able to use frequent flyer miles, but that means the ticket times and locations are not perfect. Let's be honest, they stunk! We had to drive an hour and a half to the airport (not too bad, but when there is one 10 minutes from your house, it is a pain.) And to make matters even worse, our flight took off at 7:30 pm. That is bedtime in our house! We arrived in Dallas at 9:00 and then drove another hour and a half to Mimi and Pop's. Shew. Thankfully we had no agenda on Sunday.

Both kids were up, so we did go to church on Sunday morning, but met Brother and Elle for lunch at Mimi and Pop's. We spent the afternoon sitting on Mimi and Pop's new patio. The weather was perfect for baby holding and swinging.


I love watching Emma enjoy being with Pop. Just listen to her squeal!


No comments: