Sunday, April 8, 2012

Come Awake, Come and Rise Up from the Grave

I love Easter! It is a great time each year to reflect, even more than the day to day, on how much Christ loves me. I am in awe! I love being able to take the time to sit and soak in the Word he was written. I love being able to remember just how painful it was for him to take the weight of all my sin because it reminds me what I do not have to face when my life on this earth is complete. I love that I have the freedom to teach my children about this man, this God, who has come to rescue each and every one of us.

This year we had an amazing opportunity to attend a Good Friday Worship Experience. It was a time where went through several "stations" to reflect on who the Lord is and to experience how much he loves us and desires for us to be with Him. We were able to take Lily through each station and teach her in a hands on way about Him. You can see pictures of the event HERE.

Sunday after we worshipped, we were able to join some friends for our second annual Easter lunch. We added a few more to the party this year. Another year of great food and great friends. And this year the kids were all old enough to hunt eggs. They had fun!

Since JD leaves for church hours before the rest of the family, we had to wait and get pics.


And I think I am seeing a trend with Max. Bad timing. He is such a happy baby, unless I am not putting him to bed when he is ready.


 The hunt is on...

BFFs

All the kiddos (minus the babies)

Being silly

Someone woke up.

So thankful for a great holiday weekend. Life wouldn't be the same without these wonderful ladies and their families!

1 comment:

Sally said...

What a sweet family. Wish we could be there to encourage all the little egg hunters. So glad, that you have great friends to be your "family" on those occasions when we can't be together.