Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bluebonnets

I love the Texas bluebonnets. I love the brilliant color. I love that they line the highways in the spring. I love how they make awesome background for family photos. Being in Texas in the spring I was really hoping to get some great shots of the kids in the wildflowers.

We drove to the edge of town and found a patch on the side of the road. So pretty!


Unfortunately, this momma didn't plan to well. It was time to eat followed by a nap for the baby and the big girl was tired too (probably from waking up multiple times during the night...every night). Oops. And then there were the waist high weeds among the bluebonnets. And the little bugs that live in all that tall grass. Yikes. But we tried anyway.

Lily wouldn't smile. Max just cried. I was frustrated. Never a good combo. I was not a happy camper since this was our one opportunity for the next who knows how many years. And it was a fail. See?

It's too bright!!

No, really.

Let's turn around. Ahh...still bright.

Momma, please stop trying. 

 I am miserable.

Yeah, I am just over it.

But fortunately, I did get a couple of good shots before the crazy bright sun, weeds, naps, hunger got the best of us all. They will have to be good enough because its all I got.


Next time I have a rare opportunity I will plan better. Live and learn.



4 comments:

Sally said...

We wanted too late in the day for many reasons to get good pictures. However, you get the gist of how beautiful Texas highways can be in the spring. We hope to make these grandchildren adopted Texans!

Linda Cooper said...

You made a sweet memory and got some good pictures, and they're beautiful!

Kim Higdon said...

You did get good results!! Love all of the pictures and the way you led up to the "good shots"!

Kama Massmann said...

Pretty pics actually. We found a patch at the end of our street on a walk and had some at sundown but we could only get 2 of the 3 kids to look in any pic. :)