UPDATED: I forgot to add his well check stats the first time. Now you can see how little he really is.
I don't feel like there has been too much change since last month, but here is what he is doing.
Each morning he is awake between 7:30 and 8 am. He naps from 10-12 and 3-5 and then is in bed between 8-9 each night. He is no longer having to be rocked to sleep as he had in the past (which is NOT a bad thing in my opinion. I LOVE rocking my babies to sleep.). We now rock him for a bit and then put him down in his crib drowsy. Sometimes he will fuss for a minute or two before falling asleep.
He is really enjoying his solids now. He is still just eating dinner with us. He has enjoyed everything he has eaten except avocado. He is eating sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, green beans, butternut squash, zucchini, pears, apples, mango, blueberries, and puffs. He does still nurse 4 times a day-8am, 12pm, 3pm, and 8pm. He is finally taking a bottle!! Woot! Very exciting thing for this Momma.
But even though he is eating better he is still just a peanut! At our well check this month he weighed in at 15lb 9oz (1%) and was 28 in long (30%). His pediatrician would like for us to come back in in a few weeks for a weight check. It may just be that my babies are small. Lily was small too (not this small). But JD was teeny (10lb at a year)! So maybe it is just a genetic thing.
He loves his bath time. I just love a naked baby!
He has his two bottom teeth and one about to break the surface on the top. The second to the front left. Not sure why the middle one is not coming in first. And because of this, he is chewing on everything.
He is a Momma's boy! Well, more like a family boy. The stranger anxiety is in full swing.
He is crawling EVERYWHERE. He will go from room to room just to explore. I don't remember Lily ever doing this. Granted, that was 5 years ago. He has also started pulling up to stand. He is doing a great job, but he has not started cruising yet. I can wait. No need for him to grow too fast! One day I really needed to get some work done and he was in to everything. I had the bright idea to put him in the laundry basket with a couple of toys. Two minutes later he was pulling up. Fail.
And because of this new found trick of pulling up, the crib mattress was quickly lowered!
Unfortunately he picked up some nasty germs. He was super snotty, running a low grade fever, and had started pulling at his ears. I took him in less than 24 hours after his fever started. He was still pretty happy considering he had a temp. Our doc took a look at him and then told me to hold on a minute. He did lots of typing. Never a good sign. Turns out not only did he have a double ear infection, he also had RSV. Such a scary moment for me. I have always heard horror stories about hospitals and breathing treatments, etc. I am so thankful I took him in so quickly. The doc put him on antibiotics and some oral albuterol and that was all he needed. That was one long week confined to the house. And during that time, he found Lily's kitchen. He can spend 45 minutes playing alone in the corner.
He is such a happy boy. He smiles and laughs often and is a true delight all the time. It is hard to believe we have a birthday we need to start planning!
2 comments:
Aww! Love reading what your sweet boy is up to! And WAY TO GO on actually eating solids! Still a struggle for us, but this gives me HOPE :)
We really enjoyed Max(and Lily as well, of course) when you were here. It was fun watching him move around the house, just checking things out. Looking forward to the next time we see you all!
Love, Pop
Post a Comment