Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First BIG Day!

I have to be honest, it hasn't really hit me that my big girl is really in kindergarten. I think it has to do with the fact(s) that this is actually her third year in kindergarten, she is enrolled at our church, and we are planning (if God continues to lead) to home school next year. The first week is a short one, so I am sure it will hit me week two when she is gone for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week.


We were able to meet the teacher and get to know her better. I LOVE that all the teachers in her school are Jesus followers. When I know that their hearts love Jesus and want to share that love with the students, it makes leaving her so much easier! We also had an open house where Lily was able to meet all the other kiddos in her class. I am loving that she already has a few buddies in the class. And with there only being 12 students total it's PERFECT! It's going to be a fantastic year! My sweet girl is so excited about school! And it is a big year in school--reading, learning time (days, months, clock, etc), math, homework, just to name a few. I am not sure if I am ready for her to grow up so much. But I also know it is time.


JD and I walked her in on the first day (LOVE that he is in the building with her everyday!) The picture above is the only picture she would let me take. No first day pic with the teacher as we did in 2009 and 2010 (click year to see how she has changed!). Guess she really is my BIG girl!

1 comment:

Bec said...

Wow! look how happy she is to be going to school.