Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School Prep

Lily starts school next week. She needs to go back. I love the summer. Pool trips, snow cones, picnics in the park, etc. But this summer was not "normal" with a baby joining the family (or the crazy above normal temps). I have not done a good job of meeting her structure and crafting needs. I have said 'no' more than I should have and I have lots of guilt because of it. But, in my defense, lack of sleep has made me cranky. Does that make it right? Of course not. But this post is not about Mommy Confessions. It's about prepping for school. So let's get back to the topic at hand. :)

First, we got haircuts. Yes, we. Momma got one too. Lily wanted her hair "short like Momma's". Shh. Don't tell her it isn't quite as short as mine. She thinks it is.

Before

After
I got brave one day and headed to the outlets to hit a sale at the Carter's store. I love that place. It will be a sad day in two years when their clothes no longer fit my oldest. Not sure where I am going to get modest clothes for her. I am not ready for the clothes battle. The kids and I survived 5 hours of travel and shopping. I was super proud of my deals.

Five outfits (leggings and tunics), one dress, one pair of jeans, one pair of shoes--all for the big girl

Two sleepers one romper, and one fleece outfit--for the little guy

One birthday outfit--for the cousin's birthday (which I didn't take a pic of)

Three hand sanitizers, five hand soaps, one lotion--all for the house

All of these goodies for the low price of $150! But what I was most excited about during my shopping trip is that I found out our city is opening a Carter's store on September 1st! No more driving 50 minutes to shop!!

We also have had several end of the summer play dates/activities. Our church rented out one of the water parks in town. A fun night. (No camera.) We spent the morning at the park one day when the weather started cooling off. (No camera.) We went to the doctor THREE times within the month. Who would have thought that you could have picked up strep during the summer? Well, my girl did. First round of antibiotics didn't kill the germs. But on that third visit, we were officially strep free! (Again, no camera.)

JD and I do have one last hurrah planned before school starts! We can't wait!

1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I love Carter's clothes. I am already mourning the day Beck cannot wear them anymore. :(