Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One Month

Seriously, a month already? I remember time flying, but it could slow down just a teeny bit.

I forgot to mention earlier that Jana came over and did a little newborn shoot with us. Check it out HERE. I LOVE them!!

We have really enjoyed the first month with our sweet Max. He is such a great baby! He has fit right into our family. We could not have asked for an easier transition. Although he is still not on a "schedule" per say, he does have a "routine". During the day he eats about every 3 from around 8am until 6pm. At this point in time he begins cluster feeding every two hours until 10pm. I then hope that he will sleep for hours. A couple of nights he has gone 4-5 hours after that 10pm feed, but most nights he is still up every 3 hours. I then remind myself, he is only 4 weeks old! I do enjoy that one-on-one snuggle time with him in the wee hours of the night. I thank GOD each and every night that HE has allowed me to get up in the middle of the night and feed him and snuggle him back to sleep. What a joy it is and I am eternally grateful I have been chosen to be his Momma. He still enjoys sleeping on his tummy too, which we allow on occasion during the day or when he is sleeping on us.


He is super content to be drug around wherever we are going. I am loving the WRAP I have to wear him around. And he really likes it too. He is never awake when I am wearing him--snug as a bug in a rug. He also enjoys his paci--when he needs it. Some days it is not at all and others it is more frequent. One consistency we have found is that he never wants it at night! Praise the Lord we are not up constantly replacing it all night.


Max does give us about 30-45 minutes of awake time after he eats. In the past week we are starting to see a bit more personality. He is really trying to smile. And he is starting to "talk" to us too. I love all those baby noises and arms and legs moving around showing his excitement to be interacting with us.


Stats:
Weight: 9lbs 2oz (93.48%)
Length: 22 1/4" (99.98%)
Funny, he doesn't seem to be that big!

As for the rest of the family...

Lily has adjusted extremely well, even better than I could have imagined. She had lots of playmates (read: Mimi and Nonnie) these first four weeks. The week after family left she went to an Animal camp (more to come) and next week we have a couple of play dates lined up to keep us having fun! She is Max's second Mommy, which I expected. She has been such a GREAT help with him. She was very interested in feeding at first and now she is all about the diaper changes.She will get the diaper and wipes out for us and squeeze the hiney cream on our finger. She also will run and get clean clothes when needed--and yes, most of the time she is the one picking out his clothes.

JD is loving having a son in the house. And it just melts my heart to hear him interact with him and call him "son". They will have so much fun wrestling around, playing sports, and hunting as he grows. I do my best to let JD sleep at night. I know with him working he needs to be as well rested since he can't nap during the day. But when catastrophe happens (projectile spit up) he comes to my rescue!

I am doing pretty well. I love being a mom of two. It definitely has it challenges, but I think we are all adjusting well. I am tired a lot, which is to be expected. I am ready for bed before the "last" feed of the night so I can crawl into bed as soon as Max is asleep. In the afternoon, I am trying to time Lily's quiet time with Max's nap so I can slip in a nap as well. That is definitely helping. We have had meals brought to us several times a week since his birth. WOW! I am SO thankful! If you have brought a meal--THANK YOU! It has been such a huge help! Next week I will be back in the kitchen. I CAN do it!

3 comments:

Meredith Poe said...

Wish I could hug this sweet miracle of yours. Thanks for sharing... Just have to say I am so impressed you blog so frequently... I have not done since our second baby arrived. You inspire me. Love you and praising the Lord with you.

Kama said...

Great update post. Sweet pictures and sounds like a perfect baby!! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ALL THE Pic of Mark in the minky blanket--love love love them! BTW when did Emma grow up?? she is gorgeous!!!!
Auntie B